Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

The sensors are different colors. One light is the other is

Customer Question

The sensors are different colors. One light is green the other is yellow. I was wondering if this had anything to do with my garage is not closing each time I use my remote and it my keyboard
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My garage door opener is a lift master.
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

it could be the control board ...a possibility ...........the temperatures may be affecting the sensors right now also ............where are those temperatures at currently?........are there any indicator lights flashing on the opener itself?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Geez. I just read my note...sorry for the typos...:(. The temp is 33^ F. The opener itself is flashing and clicking when the door begins to open when it is halfway closing! Am I making sense?
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

it is okay the sensors are different colors ..........one should be amber (the sender) and the other green (the receiver) but I forgot the last time to ask you for the model number of the Liftmaster it would certainly help ...............if I remember correctly the green one should be off and the amber (yellow) is always always on .........so that would mean just a realignment ........get back to me and we can get this done for you .......thanks

eddie