Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I think I have black mold in my house. I want to know if I

Customer Question

I think I have black mold in my house. I want to know if I indeed do have black mold will I be forced to move from my home? Ihave test positive for aspergillus in lungs. Please Advise.l I want to get the house tested and then determine my next steps.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

I would be more comfortable asking someone at Just Answer on the medical staff or your own doctor first and the effects you are having.......then we can tell you how to eradicate it if it only is a small dose of it.......or do you think it is widespread? do you know of any leaks in the house?...........how old is your roof?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want to thank you for referring me back to my doctors. They have emailed me and are scheduling a biopsy of my lung to determine the strain of Aspergillus only know that I have I have had roof leaks in the past. I also have water leakage from my air conditioner (excessive condensation). I have cottage cheese ceilings. There is literally a discolored 6 inch strip around the perimeter of all the walls downstairs. I guess the overall answer is yes. Can I do a home mold test kit? Are they any good? That is my question. Thank you.
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

unfortunately those mold tests are kind of useless as far as providing accurate information as to how far and widespread it really is..........it will test if you have mold but from what you are stating it sounds like it has been a recurring problem and you will probably need a mold remediation so your current condition will get better if that if it is the case .......I don't profess to be a doctor ......only they will be able to advise you on that ......I am saying a prayer that things will go your way and you get better.................the best to you, feel better and have a Happy Holiday

eddie

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your honesty!! I will probably have to do remediaton. I would love to call you but I have had throat cancer and my speeh is impaired. I will pay for this session but I would like to converse with you on the December 26th. I want you to have a nice holiday.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry to bother you I need you to end conversation soi can rate, tip and pay.
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

I thank you but don't worry about that .......Have you ever checked into the possibility that the town that you live in might offer assistance in some of the repairs that you need for your home?................if I can be of any further help you let me know

eddie

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think there was a leak in the roof and my house is old. I have some di
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

was the roof ever repaired ?................I'm sorry ..........di ?...........and if you can send me your name and what state you live in I was hoping I could research this for you a little more ..........thank you

eddie