Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I have a self feeding water boiler with radiators I need to

Customer Question

Hello I have a self feeding water boiler with radiators for heat I need to know how to put water in the boiler to raise the PSI the radiators makes a lot of noise when the heater comes on the bathroom radiator in the bath room and the back bedroom don't get hot I bleed them and no water comes out just air please help it's COLD
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I'll assume this is a hot water not a steam system. First you need to locate the feed valve on the cold water supply line into the boiler. I've attached a picture of a Watts feeder but they all look similar (but a different color). If you don't ave the one pictured I need to know the brand and model of the one you have or I need a picture.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is something like that on the side of the boiler when I lift up the little albuminum little to water comes out like a faucet
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

That sounds like a relief valve not a feed valve. Take another look at my picture they don't look at all alike unless you have a very old setup. Since you can't seem to find it I need pictures of the boiler and the piping around it if you want me to find it for you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you give me any answers I need to put water in the radiator my radiators have no water I them I just tried to let some water out nothing came out of any of the radiators
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

I can't help you if you don't provide the info I need. I'm completely blind here except for what you tell me. You have to find the feed valve to adjust the water pressure. If you can't identify it using the picture I posted (I've attached it again) then I need a picture from you. The feeder is on the cold water line into the boiler which is likely the smallest pipe connected to the boiler.