Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

My liftmaster garage door touch pad is working 50% of the

Customer Question

my liftmaster garage door touch pad is working 50% of the time. Replaced the batteries, system is powered, but sometimes it works sometimes not
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

is it the remote control you are referring to? or the wall button? if you could give me the model number and how old the unit is

thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wall mount touch pad from exterior. Keyless entry. 7 years old
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Chamberliain professional. 3 doors
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Model # ***** 132b2386
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

it could be that dampness got behind it and may have corroded some wires where you say it is only working half of the time........or it could be the switch went faulty or the buttons are worn........either way we have to start there ...............are you handy at all and able to follow my instructional help?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not interested in additional expense
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

by you requesting a phone call you would have been charged so I opted out of it for you.........if we are to continue here I need you to answer my previous question ...........if you could tell me your first name too please

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

you know I see your phone request is on the main board and someone else might take up that offer to call you and you will be charged.......you need to try and retract it or unless you did want that phone call, let me know and I will continue what I started