Nathan, General Contractor
Experience:  Experienced contractor, new builds, renovations.
59725966

Just moved in to a house equipped with a liftmaster

Customer Question

Just moved in to a house equipped with a liftmaster automatic gate opener. I was given by the real estate person, 2 clickers and that was it. Neither one opens the gate. The gate I'm told by neighbors is less than a year old. I now have bungy chords holding the gate closed. Realtor thought the clickers needed to be re-programed? Batteries are new.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

It is possible the remotes need programming, but if they are the factory remotes that is unlikely.

It is far more likely that there is something wrong with the opener (obstructed sensor) or the power. We often see these gates stop working because they are on a gfci outlet that tripped because of rain or a storm.

Go outside and try plugging something else into the outlet there to make sure it is even getting power, and then we can try some other steps next if needed.