Martin, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Design, construct, fix and grow stuff around and in the home.
14666028

Can someone give me a breakdown of the repairs/installation

Customer Question

Can someone give me a breakdown of the repairs/installation of these prices?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

All I can give you sight unseen are ballpark prices. Where is this? what quality kitchen etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi,

its in NYC. I would say medium quality. Please include labor and prices of appliances separately.

Thanks

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to pass. You're asking a lot for what you're paying for this. Maybe one of my colleagues will be interested

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Doing a breakup by item is almost impossible as i don't know what you want exactly and your quality standard for new material and appliance. From experience i would say it could be from $20,000 if you do most of the work yourself and buy as much used and recycled material as possible to $60,000 if you want a turn key solution from a contractor (but i saw folk not even cooking much bragging about their $150,000 new kitchen and i find this outrageous). You must also always get a money reserve ready (at least $3000) in case you have surprises when doing a tear down (water leak that made mold, rats that did electrical damage etc...). For the price of appliance, most store (sears etc...) have easy to consult appliance price list catalogs (but you can save a lot getting them used and give them a uniform new look with metal paint in spray can). Some speciality appliance are not needed at all (like sink garbage disposer, NY don't need to have more things in the sewer system) and i highly prefer simple efficient and functional kitchen and bathroom without bling bling.