Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Question please
, Yes, so I have a craftsman garage

Customer Question

Customer: Hi ***** ***** Question please
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, so I have a craftsman garage door opener. I reset the code but can still open with the car remote all hand held rmotes get erased just not the two cars. help
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Improvement Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please do not call me. I accidentally clicked on this request. Do not call. Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

You will need to reset and reprogram the car remote separately.

Please let me know the model number of the car remote so I can assist you further.

Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No this doesn't help. It's rental property; which means that every past tenant will always have access. There has got to be a way to clear all codes and reset the main opener so that no one can acces.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Ok, so there is no way to change the remote in the vehicles at this point, however on most Craftsman Openers you can reset the garage door opener memory. Let me know the model number of the opener so I can assist you further.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The model is craftsman 41A-4315-7D
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've reset the garage door openers memory. By holding the learn button until light goes out. Repeated twice. Same results. Remotes won't open it but cars will.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

41A-4315-7D is the model number for the circuit board of the garage door opener, not the model of the opener itself. I assume you have one of the 1/2 HP models.

You will need to clear or erase all previous codes, according to the procedure in your owner's manual.

Let me know the model number of the opener if you need further guidance on clearing the old codes.

Pete.