AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Experience:  35 years home improvement
53189252

I have a liftmaster model 8500 garage door opener that

Customer Question

I have a liftmaster model 8500 garage door opener that worked perfectly for two years. Now every so often the door won't open or close with either car or house remote. When this happens the garage door opener lights blink and a beeping alarm goes off. I have changed the batteries in both remotes and it still happens. I have also reprogramed both remotes several times.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Please look at the small LED on the opener unit and see if it has a flash pattern.

It will flash a certain number of times, then pause and then flash again--repeating the sequence when there is trouble.

Count the flashes

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I reprogramed the remotes yesterday like I have been doing in the past. Yesterday and today it has been working fine. But for how long?? It malfunctions sporadically.

Ok, I understand.

Next time it acts up, please do the following and we can determine what the issue is on the unit.

CLICK HERE and go to Page 30, then you can find the matching problem by the LED flashes.