Nathan, General Contractor
Experience:  Experienced contractor, new builds, renovations.
59725966

My name is. Gail and I need a replacement key Brinks safe

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is***** and I need a replacement key for a Brinks safe that has a combination lock and a key.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I purchased the safe in the 80's. The key # ***** *****
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Improvement Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I need the answer about the Brinks safe key. I can not rate you until I get an answer.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Just letting you know I was here, and working on your reply.

Just a moment, please.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Back then, the brinks safes were made by honeywell. You will need to call(###) ###-#### ***** some ownership information, and then they should be able to send you a duplicate key.

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Did you need more information?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1k3xJar

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control - the only possible way to get a key is direct from the original manufacturer. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First Alert no longer has the blanks for the Brinks keys. Just as I was told before I will have to have the safe drilled open by a locksmith I want and need a key
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

First alert is the only option. They do not stock them for all models. If they don't have yours available then drilling it out is the only option.

A locksmith can replace the existing lock with a new one or an electronic keypad. There is no other possible way to get a key.