Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have an Amana Refrigerator, the light bulb went out, and I

Customer Question

I have an Amana Refrigerator, the light bulb went out, and I don't know how to remove the cover. Help.
thank you,
Maureen
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

is there a plastic cover over it ? or can you explain what?.........make sure to unplug the refrigerator before you do change it or shut it off at the breaker box if you can't get to the plug easily

eddie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eddie,
The problem is how do I remove the plastic cover.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

It is real easy Maureen but you do need to remove a screw most likely and you would need a hex head which comes on most magnetic tip drivers but I don't know what tools you have ......anyway once you remove the screw the cover will come off and then you will have access to the bulb ......please let me know and I can get you through this

thanks;

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

The model of the refrigerator would really help me out ........but if not I am assuming you cleared the shelf of food that the light is on.........then what you can do is take a compact mirror and locate the screw on the light cover .......see if it has a hexagon head with a slot then it will give you another option to use a regular screwdriver if you don't have the hex