Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

My gas fireplace shuts off after a few minutes

Customer Question

Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

What is the brand and model of your unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know model or brand
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I need brand and model to even begin to figure out what's going on. If you can't provide that info there's not a lot I can do other than give you generic info.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

If that will suffice I need to know what you have for a gas control valve. Is it a millivolt valve. You can tell by the terminals on the valve. If it's millivolt it will have a red & white lead that comes from the pilot burner flame sensor. The terminal designation would be TP, THTP & TH or PP, THPP & TH

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I have been called away. If you want to check this out and get back to me later then I'll respond as soon as I can