Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

We have a tri level home with "Alpine" theme

Customer Question

We have a tri level home with "Alpine" theme (German) The white board is deteriorating and any one that looks at it says they do not make that anymore. Home was built in 1980. We really hate to put siding on it because that is what all the other home in
the neighborhood look like. Ours is unique. White background with dark board framing. Any suggestions/
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

You can use MDO (medium density overlay) plywood. It's high grade exterior plywood and is made to be left exposed to the elements. It comes in various thicknesses from 3/8" to 3/4". It typically comes with at least 1 side primed and once you put 2 coats of exterior paint on, it will last longer than what you have now. Any lumber yard will carry it. Not sure about the big box stores.