Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

Oven door locked. How do we unlock it. Oven is on!

Customer Question

Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why do you want my email password????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me. (###) ###-####
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** will be my pleasure to assist you. The phone call service has additional fees associated with it.

Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

what is the make and model of the stove if possible the model number will be helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ken,ore electric stove. I think my husband hit the clean button instead of the off button when he wanted to take out the roast which is still in the oven. We turned the circuit breaker off
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

ok yes that is the reason the clean button was hit by mistake. you will need to turn the breaker off and then wait for the stove to cool off before the door lock will disengage. unfortunately the roast is probably no good anymore as the clean function uses a lot of heat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. We will do that. Thanks
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

you are very welcome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does FI mean. the beeping noise came on FI showed up on the screen. I hit off button but oven did not shut down I hit off button several times. No luck. I hit the
Clock timer stop off button again then for some reason in a state of panic I hit clean the door locked
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

the f1 error code usually means the circuit board is going bad but it could be the oven sensor or a bad connection from the ribbon cable going into the board. Usually disconnecting the power for awhile will clear the code.