Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I cannot open my garage with either the keypad or the

Customer Question

Hi, I cannot open my garage with either the keypad or the remotes. It's a chamberlain 953cb, and the keypad Security + 132B2171-1. I have changed out the batteries on keypad and remotes. The remote have an orange/gold button that lights up, but the keypad does not light up at all, and I think when functioning, it lights up green. I do not have a service door to my garage. Any help is appreciated. Many thanks.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

first what you need to do is manually control the door so that you have access.......there is a cord that you pull to disconnect the door from the track and lift.........I am more than happy to help you but I do need a little more info........has any wiring been done or any change in the dynamics.....or maybe the kids could have bumped the safety sensors out of line ..........and after you disconnect the door try the controls again and let me know if the link chain and/or screw rod and motor respond ........let me know how old the unit is and were you furnished with a manual ?

thanks,

eddie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eddie:Thanks, ***** ***** do know this method, however I do not have a service door, and both garage doors are closed. hmmmm...It's about 18 yrs old.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unfortunately, I do not have the manual.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

Hi I got your shortened message ........so what I am assuming is that you can't get into the garage at all? ............ but I still need those questions answered if you can comply with each of them it would help greatly..............but a huge one now is do you have an outside keypad? ........ thanks