NCCPrime
NCCPrime,
Experience:  President at NCC Prime Construction Inc.
89387220

Must muriatic acid be used to etch concrete before repairing

Customer Question

Must muriatic acid be used to etch concrete before repairing with a patch? I have no method of removing that much acid and water rinse. I do however have some bonding promoter to use instead. It looks like milk.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  NCCPrime replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to the service. Please allow me a few moments to answer your questions. Thanks

Expert:  NCCPrime replied 1 year ago.

Hello again and thanks for being patient. Muriatic acid definitely will prepare the existing concrete for bonding. However, if you do not feel comfortable working with muriatic acid then you can use either the bonding material you have instead. What I would recommend is to use quikrete bonding adhesive. This is a product I know and I used before and results were satisfactory. If you have additional questions do not hesitate to contact me. Also, I would appreciate your feed back by clicking accept and rating my service. Thanks and best of luck!