MsBabyD
MsBabyD, Building Inspector
Experience:  31 years experience Certified home inspector with 34 specialty certifications.
71368265

My house is 71 years old. I bought the house and took

Customer Question

My house is 71 years old. I bought the house and took possession in Dec. 1999. I knew that the house needed new siding. The present siding is stucco. I want to replace the old color coat with a new color coat. The newly hired contractor does not want to do that. It says in the contract, Remove the present color coat and go down to the brown coat. What is actually happening is the contractor is hydro blasting the color coat. Using a glue in the new color coat to plaster over this top color coat. Then he plans to paint the top stucco coat. Is this acceptable? Will the revised method give me what I want?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It's perfectly acceptable to paint stucco. Perhaps what you recall from your teachers refers to the original installation. But painting stucco is done routinely and and the method your guy is using is acceptable. However if the language in your contract says they will apply a new color coat not paint then that's what you should get or they should give you a break on the price since painting is a lot less labor intensive.

Expert:  NCCPrime replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for your phone call request. My name is ***** ***** I would like to assist you. Unfortunately, I just got notified that your payment did not clear yet and I will not be able to get your number until the payment goes through and clears. I am waiting and looking forward to better assist you over the phone. Thanks

Expert:  MsBabyD replied 1 year ago.

depends on your location