Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

How can I stop a stray cat from making poo in my back alley

Customer Question

how can I stop a stray cat from making poo in my back alley
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Amber Corsen replied 1 year ago.

I have the following suggestions for you:
1. Use an odor repellent and spray it in your back alley. You can typically find this in the gardening and hardware stores. You can also buy lion dung online which I have heard is a good repellent.
2. Depending on your area try laying chicken wire over the area where the problem is at. Cats don't like feel of the wire on their feet and will typically stay away.
3. Try laying sticks or branches in this area, even temporarily. Cats wont want to climb over and around the sticks and will find somewhere else to do their business.
4. Set up motion detectors so when the cats enter the area an ultrasonic sound humans cant hear is played, or depending on if you have sprinklers set it up so that when the detector is activated the sprinklers turn on temporarily.

Expert:  MsBabyD replied 1 year ago.

There a great new cat litter made by petco that stopped my male cat from peeing everywhere, on everything He is marking his spot so there another cat around believe me he is showing who is boss!.it is only 6.49 I would put some in an area you want him to go towards and add a little fresh every day otherwise he will just keeping getting your space. Believe me My sprayed my 60 inch flat screen I almost died!. And everything I owned I didn't think it would work but I was at witts end. Also grab a little scoop and just tost the old poop and hopefully he will find a new place to piddle.

:o)