Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

Or glass or plastic cutters? I have a front gate that needs

Customer Question

for locksmiths or glass or plastic cutters? I have a front gate that needs to add a lock box and some door welding, I'm going to add to the gate a piece of customized Lexan , the Lexan will need to be custom cut to protect the lock from someone reaching
thru the gate I cannot find anyone to cut the lexan on site, to fit , who should I call
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  David Robertson replied 1 year ago.

Can you please send a picture of the gate/lock setup? What is the thickness of the lexan sheet that needs to be cut?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3/8 thick lexan,

How much of the door did you plan on covering in Lexan? Personally I think that the Lexan will take away from the look of that beautiful door. I think you would be better getting some decorative steel mesh or some decorative stamped steel and have it tack welded onto the inside then spray paint the entire door to match. In any event...the Lexan can be cut slowly with either a bandsaw or a table saw with a fine tooth blade.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks I tried many designs for the back of the door ,its hard finding the right metal design and the workers to do it.