NCCPrime
NCCPrime,
Experience:  President at NCC Prime Construction Inc.
89387220

I want to install a 10" type I hood with fire system and air

Customer Question

I want to install a 10" type I hood with fire system and air compensation return , the ducting would be around 30'. A contractor gives me 30K plus quotation for the whole system including Electric, FF, Supply and duct work. It seems pretty high for my budget, is the quotation reasonable or in the high side? the restaurant located in CA
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

I wouldn't be able to tell you if that is high or not. Your location is just one variable from a few...........I will tell you this .........get at least two more estimates from reputable contractors and make them put what you are getting on paper........then if you still have doubts come back here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was expecting more detailed answer than " go and get more offers " my Question is simple .... if you cant answer it then she say I can't. If i got the time to wait for other offers I would have never asked the question her.
The parameters are as follow:
They will include all materials
1- Location is zip 94585
2- Hood type I 10"
3- Including Fire suppression system
4- Including Electrical Wiring
5- Including 20' of ducting
6- Including all mechanical pumps
7- Including Return Fresh air compensation
Can you answer the question Now !
Thank you
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

I wasn't trying to get on your bad side ........I didn't ask to be rated ........I was just trying to take it step by step and point you in the right direction......so good luck to you

Expert:  NCCPrime replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you. If I compare the type of work with the State I am located which is NY then the quote you received is not high neither low. Usually, I would say this price is somewhere in the middle.

Expert:  NCCPrime replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry I clicked send by accident before I competed my sentence. Here is the rest of my response. If you were to get more estimates I am sure you will get higher and lower quotes. However, for a project like yours it is important to focus on getting the right contractor even if he costs little more. I know that your question is whether is a fair quote and my answer is yes it is a fair quote. Before you hire any contactor make sure you ask for references. so this way you know with a reputable and experienced individual. If I can assist you with any additional concerns lease do not hesitate to contact me back. I would also appreciate your feedback by clicking accept and rating my service. Thank you and best of luck!