Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I purchased a home with a Majestic gas fireplace. Model

Customer Question

I purchased a home with a Majestic gas fireplace. Model DVR36RP. How do I remove the glass directly shielding the ceramic logs for cleaning?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  David Robertson replied 1 year ago.

You will need to follow the instructions provided in the Installation and Operations Manual provided with new installations. To clean the glass there are a few important things to remember:

1. Make sure the unit is cold.
  2. ALWAYS turn off gas valve and breaker before performing any maintenance.
  3. It may seem like a silly statement but never try and perform any maintenance or cleaning when the unit is on.

Below is a link for the Installation Manual.

Follow the instructions on page 41 for removal and page 45 for cleaning,

http://downloads.hearthnhome.com/installManuals/20306740_DVBSB_1.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the response, the manual provided looks like the same model I have. However, the directions provided aren't working as I can't tilt the glass screen in either direction to open and clean it. What else do you recommend?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr. Robertson,
I read through your answer, read the link and followed those instructions. Today, I even found the original manual in an old box. Thode directions weren't different and I'm still unable to budge the inner glass pane. What else can I do? Would it help if I made a video of this and sent it to you?

Have you removed the barrier glass panel from the inner glass panel?

Please send me a video and/or a few photos of the glass panel. Particularly the spring retainer clips. My email is***@******.*** Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr. Robertson,Below please see the following pictures. I took pictures of each step of the dissemble process.
Image 1 is the unit prior to anything being removed.
Image 2 is with the top louvre removed.
Image 3 is with the bottom louvre folded down.
Images 4 & 5 show the clamps being disengaged.
Images 6, 7, & 8 show the metal placard with unit identification.
Images 9 & 10 show the controls underneath.
Image 11 shows the exterior glass panel removed along with the 4 self taping screws.
Image 12 shows the original owners manual that describes the dissembly and cleaning process.
Images 13 &14 show the top of the unit where I assume should lift up, pull out and down. It's at this point that the inner glass panel can't be pulled out. It will only slide up ever so slightly.
Image 15 is the fireplace as I see it and can't make an progress.Ok, there it is in a nutshell. What do you think? What's my next step?

I only received images #1-#8

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try sending the rest again now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a quick follow-up. Were you able to open the remain jpegs? Any new suggestions? Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have yet to get answer on this topic. At this point, my problem is unresolved. If I paid already, I'm interested in a refund as this was not completed by way of either a clear answer that allows me to fix the the problem, or an answer that at least states we're at an impasse with some follow-up leads given. At this point, I can't rate this expert appropriately because the home improvement project is not completed.