NCCPrime
NCCPrime,
Experience:  President at NCC Prime Construction Inc.
89387220

I have ceiling tiles that are dirty and have water stains.

Customer Question

I have ceiling tiles that are dirty and have water stains. What is the best way to clean them?
Also, my cinder blocks have been painted white before but the paint is coming off. I would like to paint it white again. What is the best way to do it?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  NCCPrime replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to the service. As far as your concrete blocks I would recomend you use drylock paint that is specifically made for masonry and concrete purposes. As far as your ceiling tiles your best option if you want to avoid replacing then is to paint them. I would recomend kilz upshot paint that is easy to use and you can find either at Home Depot or at your local home improvement supplier. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact me. good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Certain parts of the cinder block already have paint on them. Would I just paint of them?

Any suggestions for rolling the paint on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  NCCPrime replied 1 year ago.

Hello again! Yes you can go over the existing paint. Also, you can either use a roller or a brush. I would go with a roller that is faster and have a brush handy to use for spots where roller cannot reach well.