Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I have aliftmaster garage door opener. We were trying to

Customer Question

I have aliftmaster garage door opener. We were trying to program the homelink of the car to the remote, and now the garage door stops half way up. help
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a chamberlain liftmaster garage door opener, model # ***** serial # ***** We just purchased a 2016 Honda Pilot with homelink. i followed the instructions to link the car with the garage door opener. The garage door will only open 1/4 of the way up, and then stops. When you press the button (homelink or garage door remote) again, the garage door goes back down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  MsBabyD replied 1 year ago.

Cant you please send me the model of your unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2000sid, serial number 24561a00183
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am rating you bad because in my first text I listed the model and serial number at 7:58 on 11nov. At 11:10 pm, 11nov you texted me back asking for the info I had previously sent you.
Expert:  MsBabyD replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried any of these. Because everything worked until you purchased your car correct?

There are several possible solutions: (1) Move closer to the door (you might be out of range); (2) Make sure that the antenna on the motor unit is hanging down; (3) If the door functions fine with the wall switch, replace the battery in the remote; (4) Reprogram the remote.