AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Experience:  35 years home improvement
53189252

I have a Chamberlain Elite garage door opener---Model

Customer Question

I have a Chamberlain Elite garage door opener---Model #T5011L4 E79930, that uses Liftmaster remotes 371LM. I have an abundance of pre-programmed 371LM's for other uses that I want to 're-program' to this particular garage door opener. There is no 'smart button' anywhere on this opener, only a large main board with a couple of lights and many switches.
(1) is it possible to re-program my spare 371LM remotes and if so, is there a method for making them work on this model garage door opener? Thanks in advance.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there!

The 371LM remotes are only compatible with the following 315MHz systems:

1345/1355, 1356, 3220, 3255, 3240, 3265-267, 3270, 3280, 3800, 3500, 3850, 3585, 3595.

.

Reference:

https://www.liftmaster.com/Catalogresourcesv3/en-us/shared/files/generaldocuments/Accessories%20Compatibility%20Chart.pdf

Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Based on information I can I find, it may very well be possible to use the 371 LM with the commercial operator.

You need to see which program situation your operator has been wired for and designed by the installer.

You will note on my picture posting, that 2 modes will not work with single button remotes, but it definitely states that the T logic is capable of the Security +

remotes.

I would give a try with the 371LM and see if their programming works.

If it doesnt, then I would agree with the previous experts analysis as this is the only information that shows it may be possible. The compatibility chart is for residential openers and so there are always possibilities with commercial operators and the remotes.

Would appreciate a post after the attempt so that I may keep this information in my database for future reference or just discard it all together.

If it doesnt work, then the previous expert definitely deserves credit for their posting, so keep this in mind, as I am going by Chamberlains published information as well.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I 'know' the 371LM works fine with my garage door opener because I have a couple doing the remote work right now. My question to you is --- is it possible to take spare 371LM's that have been programmed for other garage door openers and 'reprogram' them
to work on my garage door opener? And if so, how to do it? What is the process? This was my question.

Not understanding the post, need some clarification please.

This is what was originally posted:

" I have a Chamberlain Elite garage door opener---Model #T5011L4 E79930

I have an abundance of pre-programmed 371LM's for other uses that I want to 're-program' to this particular garage door opener"

So, this is NOT what you wanted?

What make and model garage door opener do you want to use the 371 LM remotes with?

Thanks