Martin, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Design, construct, fix and grow stuff around and in the home.
14666028

This question is a commercial application. Is there a

Customer Question

This question is a commercial application. Is there a self-contained system or alternative solution to floor sinks in a bar? We have bar that will be 30-35 feet long that needs 1-3 floor sinks, but the building is proving to be difficult in terms of accessing a waste line.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hi. You mean you don't have a waste line near? I would assume you have toilets in the bar at least, can you tell me more about the difficulty to raccord the two?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually, there is a high volume restroom adjacent to this space, but our Engineering Director and the first GC to walk the project say the grade, slope, and so forth are not ideal. My next thought as a lay person is to simply elevate our potential new bar to a necessary elevation so as to run directly into the closest line(s) but I haven't asked them that either. You are a helpful second opinion / sounding board.Getting back to the original question, it seems like a self-contained system didn't strike you as necessary or applicable on first glance. Thanks for the first reply and any additional input.
Chris Genung
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Yes, an elevated floor might be enough (this is often used when a concrete slab is present). Depending on the things that can enter the drain, an over kill solution may be a pump to send it by the ceiling. A self containing solution would be like a mini septic tank and require to be emptied from time to time (it depend of the volume so send to it to know if this would be a solution or a problem for you).