AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Experience:  35 years home improvement
53189252

My mothers house was built in 90s and she has the same lift

Customer Question

my mothers house was built in 90s and she has the same lift master opener 1/3 hp, it just started problem where if any of 3 remotes close or open garage door.then light stays on for like 10 mins in which the remotes wont work .its like a delay where remotes dont work but wired button will .
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Thanks for all the details on the situation, it helps in accessing the situation.

Couple items here,: Two issues, that can be related--The remotes not working and the timer for the light being ON

1. What type of bulb is installed in the opener? Is it a regular old incandescent bulb of 40 watts or smaller?

If not, please remove the bulb and then try your remotes with the bulb out.

CFL or LED bulbs will actually give off a frequency and can easily disrupt the communications between the remotes and the opener logic board that receives the signal.

Openers should not use either of those, CFL or LED

If that takes care of the remote issue, put in a regular low wattage bulb and test once more to see what takes place

2. The problem may reside in the main board itself, in which case we can do a work around or the main board could be replaced

But for now, lets work with the bulb and see the issue goes away. IT may cure the issue on the remotes, but the light may stil stay on too long, we will have to see

Keep me posted on what happens, hopefully all is well after

Thanks