Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Genie model 7055 garage door opener. I have

Customer Question

I have a Genie model 7055 garage door opener. I have attempted to program the keypad as per instructions. Everything works as it's supposed to as I program; all lights blink accordingly etc. when I finish the opener opens or closes after I punch in one number of my four digit code, and it can be any number on the keypad. Needless to say not great for security. What am I doing wrong?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would advise you to, first of all, check the maker and model # ***** your remote. Is it genuinely designed for use with your model 7055 opener's receiver ?

Did the opener (and its receiver, of course) work previously, with this remote? or did it work previously with another remote? I need to know the full context of the failure to program of this particular remote.

As for the garage door reacting as you program the numbers, in some programming sequences, that is normal behavior, showing that the number is ***** registering. Proceed with whatever procedure you have, I advise, and see whether, after all four numbers of the code are programmed in, the odd behavior (of opening/closing on any button push or on any number being entered) stops... perhaps.