AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Experience:  35 years home improvement
53189252

The sensor is not working. The receiving light is not lit

Customer Question

The sensor is not working. The green receiving light is not lit and I'm not able to align it so it comes on. Is there a trick to aligning or could there be another problem? It's been working fine until now. I was cleaning the garage floor with a high pressure nozzle and after finishing I was unable to close door properly. Don't know if the water spray could have anything to do with it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

It is possible it was damaged, is the light on the transmitter side showing it is working?

You only move an eye, about 1/10 of an inch at most when aligning them.

They are spread out across the garage door width and a small movement is all that is needed. Move a lot and then you have to work harder just to get back to the original spot.

They are very tricky sometimes when aligning., and takes a lot of patience.

We always test them first.

One way to test, if you can disconnect them at the door and r=use some short wires, you can reconnect them at the opener with 2ft of wire and then hold them in your hands to check to see if they work.

This insures you are not fighting the alignment when the receiver has failed due to damage

If they work in your hands at the opener, then they are not damaged.

Keep me posted on what happens