Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

Can u help me with garage door opener

Customer Question

can u help me with garage door opener
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bought new car programmed hand held opener into car now truck will not open door if I program truck car will not open door
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Are these hand held remotes or are they buttons inside the vehicle from the manufacturer.

For clarity of equipment and usage, Remember, the opener is the motor drive inside the garage and the remotes are what signal the opener

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed the programming instructions with the car where u cleared the hand held then programmed the car to opener when I completed this my task my truck butten to open door doesn't work. I then reprogrammed my truck the car butten didn't work

Ok,

I am still unsure what you have, one is hand held and the other is designed with the Homelink inside the car?

If so, clear the memory.

Install the hand held remote and then add the car with the hand held remote, not with the learn button on the opener and see if that works them both.

Homelink can be programmed with the hand remote and is the best way so it reads the handheld.