Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a 740-741 opener 2yrs old now gate only moves half a

Customer Question

I have a 740-741 opener 2yrs old now gate only moves half a meter stops then rolls back 200 mm
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you can move the gate manually, or crank it open and/or shut manually, I advise that you try to manually open it, noting whether resistance increases to a significant extent, in the workings of the gate as it opens, at about the half-meter mark.

Look on the opener module for a 'strength' or 'force' adjustment/setting, and set that a point or two higher, if the gate really doesn't resist more at or near the half-meter mark. Then try the opener again.