Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

When I remodeled my home I installed a tile floor in the

Customer Question

Hi, When I remodeled my home I installed a tile floor in the kitchen, dining room, hall and bathroom. It came out very well. Now I have a problem, the grout keeps breaking out. I removed all of the old grout and completely installed new grout. I made sure to follow the instructions for mixing and installing. Once again the grout is cracking and breaking out. The only thing that i can come up with is the fact that I have a wood burner in the basement that causes the floor to expand and contract causing the grout to crack. Is there and product that will remedy this situation? I have thought about using calking compound. Will this work ? Thank You ***** ***** South Connellsville Pa. 15425 Phone (###) ###-#### cell (###) ###-####
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

If the tiles aren't loose and you only have small areas to do you could use a color matched caulk for repairs. Most grout manufacturers have caulking that matches their grout. But if it's the entire floor then your only solution is epoxy grout.