Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Elite mircont3 gate opener only opens a few inches and

Customer Question

Elite mircont3 gate opener only opens a few inches and stops. I have power and the remote is working properly. What needs to be done?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check that nothing is obstructing the gate, by opening it manually, noting how much resistance there is at several inches open and whether that is greater than the rest of the gate's swing or track.

If the opener has a graduated dial marked 'Strength' or 'Force', adjust it upward one or two points, and try again.

If the gate has a resistance sensor, it may be over-sensitive, and mistakenly reporting an obstruction in the gate that does not exist (though it is best to check first as to whether the least obstruction *might* exist, first, by doing the opening by hand, as previously recommended.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the response. There is no obstruction and If I push the remote again it will open another few inches then mechanically stops again
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That sounds as if the gate opener motor is getting weaker, and needs its 'Strength' or 'Force' adjusted a little higher. Look on the opener motor module for such an adjustment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The gate motor does not have a strength or force sensor or at least it is not labeled
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Then I regret that I have no further advice to offer, and must pass this case (and your Phone Call service request to another Expert, with apologies.

I have Opted Out of this case, which opens it to other Experts in this category.