Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I have a model PV74SBPT funace that supplies a steam

Customer Question

I have a model PV74SBPT funace that supplies a steam radiator system to one part of my house on its own themostat, a water heater for the bathrooms, kitchen etc and a baseboard hydronic system for the 2nd floor and addition. The hydronic heating system is plumbed and wired for three zones.
The radiator heating side works fine, I have hot water for the sinks and shower but the hydronic heat soes not seem to be working. I have turned up the thermostats for all three zones of the hydronic system and the pipes to and from the baseboard heaters is warm to the touch but not hot. The pressure guage on the furnace reads 0psi. The sight glass is about 3/4 full ( I lose hot water to the sinks and showers if the sightglass is less than 30% full). What may I have missed. I just purchased this home and im still learning its ''ins and outs?"
Oh and ive tried opening the bleeder valve on the furnace but i get no air or water out.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You have a steam boiler with 3 hydronic zones?! Do you have a side arm heat exchanger? Maybe a picture of the boiler and surrounding piping might help.
You can post a picture here by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of this dialogue box. You can only post from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service like Google pics or Dropbox. Then post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get to me. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us