Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

Nordyne g4ra096c-16. 3 flashes and message says pressure

Customer Question

nordyne g4ra096c-16. 3 flashes and message says pressure switch stuck. Exhaust blower doesn't come on. Whats wrong?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** will be my pleasure to assist you. First try disconnecting one of the wires to the pressure switch and then reset the power to the furnace to see if the furnace will fire then. Also if you can locate the model number it will be helpful as we move forward.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that and it doesn't fire and the exhaust blower fan still didn't come on. G4RA096C-16
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

okay the small draft inducer fan is not coming on. Is it the black one located inside the exhaust pipe?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

Okay you will have to take it out disconnect the rubber tube going to the housing then take the screws out of the bottom and try getting the inducer out. A lot of times I have been able to get the going by taking them out and using wd-40 or some penetrating oil on the motor and spinning it with it out of the furnace. Once you have done this hook the wires back up without reinstalling it and turn the furnace on with a call for heat to see if the motor starts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not getting voltage to the motor and the motor spins freely
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

Okay you have checked the power at the plug to the motor?

Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

The motor gets power from the combustion fan relay which is on the board if you locate the circuit board the blak wire to the inducer motor should be on terminal 4.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this relay plugged in?
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

yes is the the wire plugged into the relay?

Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

the motor may not be coming on because the board thinks the motor is already running because the pressure switch is closed without the inducer running. Take the wires off the pressure switch and see if there is resistance through the switch with the furnace off.

Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

I think you have a bad board if you have disconnected the pressure switch and reset the power to the furnace and you are still getting the same error code then there is a short in the board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay. I was afraid of that. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are we finished?
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

if you are satisfied the we are done. Not a whole lot you can do if the board is bad. you will need to get a replacement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay.Do you sell parts?
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

we do not. There are a lot of websites online that will have the board. Shop around a little as they can run upwards of $300.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you need further assistance