Steve G., Handyman
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company and home theater advisor.
329447

I'm wiring a 3 prong dryer cord to the back of a new dryer.

Customer Question

Steve I'm wiring a 3 prong dryer cord to the back of a new dryer. I'm not certain how to identify L1 or L2 as everything is grey. I put the center wire in the center terminal as I believe that's correct
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I layed the cord in flat and installed the strain relief bracket then left wire to left terminal right wire to right terminal center wire to center terminal. Is this correct?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Thanks for requesting me.

L1 and L2 are interchangeable. The center conductor is your ground. You have it correct.

Let me know if you need further help.