Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

My concrete sidewalk has separated from the concrete

Customer Question

My concrete sidewalk has separated from the concrete foundation for my bilco door. as a result there is a large space that collects water and channels the water down the wall. I would like to know what kind of filler I could use in this space that would expand and contract with the temperature and remain a permanent filler.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation

If the gap is under 3/4" you can use a foam backer rod to fill the gap then top it off with SikaFlex or if the gap is bigger Trim-a-slab is a better option.