Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
75209918

What are good brands to consider staining gh quality carpet

Customer Question

What are good brands to consider for non staining high quality carpet that avoids per stains? I'm not looking for the most expensive. But the best quality. And how much can I expect to pay?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

Two of the better brands are Mohawk and Dupont.' Both are available in the big "home stores". Prices vary quite a bit and some stores list by the square foot . Others by the square yard. The price does not usually include instalattion which is often charged by the square yard so be careful with your math. IE $36.00 sq yd = $4.00 sq ft . One square yard equals nine square feet. Other considerations are the grade of the carpet and how stain resistant it is.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

You could expect to pay anywhere between $25.00/35 a square yard. However you must do some research and make sure you know what you are getting.

1: make sure you know which type of caroet you are getting.IE"Stainblocker" not just the brand name.

2: make sure the price includes the carpet price separate from the pad and installation price

3: choose the pad , should be good quality and priced separate

4: then installation cost.

5: then total all three:

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

The reason to keep these separate is it is less confusing and you know exactly what you are getting and how much each part cost. It is real easy to get confused and iver or ynder buy if you let these item get mixed tigether in one price up front.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

These links should be helpful. Of course there are other brands that are good but these have always been dependable.

Just about every town has some kind of carpet wholesaler with good discounts . While most are very as in the steps I laid out earlier it is easy to get off track in order to save money. Just make sure you keep your sales rep in touch eith what your goals are.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

I will ve glad to answer any questions you may have.