Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Our Kidde Combination Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm chirps

Customer Question

Our Kidde Combination Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm chirps every 30 seconds, green light is on, battery has been replaced. Please help. ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

If you have more than one of these wired together, you have to replace all the batteries at the same time and then to stop it from chirping, press the test button. However, if you have had these for over 8 years, then they must be replaced. These combination detectors have a limited lifetime of, at the most, 10 years. Of course, if it's nowhere close to that then it would have to be something else, but this is the most common problem. I have the same type throughout my home and when I first found that out I was surprised, but the replacement cost is very low. For most models, in the $10-$12 range. If you let me know what model you have now, I can find it or the equivalent for you.

Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi it looks like Mike opted out, so I can continue if he is still involved. But yes he is absolutely correct with his advice.

You can also check out Home Depot, and Lowes Home Improvement for these as well. They carry them here in NC. They aren't much to buy ;-)

Or if you cant seem to find thm, I will provide a source for that online.

Thanks

Tech Michael

do you have any other questions regarding these detectors?

Have I answered your question, or do you need additional information?

I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service, OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT. Thank you.