Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Chamberlain Model AD600D. Prior to today, it was

Customer Question

I have a Chamberlain Model AD600D. Prior to today, it was working just fine.
The garage door is presently open, but just about 4 inches from the garage floor. If I push the remote, the door closes and then immediately goes up about 4 inches and stops. Nothing is blocking the sensors and both lights are on and steady. There are no blinking LEDs on the motor.
Any suggestions?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that you check the last 4 inches of track, and the drive (whether it is a chain drive or a cog drive) for any sign of resistance or blockage, bending, etc., that might cause binding or resistance of the closing of the door at that point, about 4 inches from closed and closer to closed also.

After that, you need to look on the Chamberlain drive, and see if you can find a dial for 'Force' or 'Strength' and set it one number higher from its current setting, then try closing the door again. The door opener motor might be stopping because it senses just a little more resistance at that point in the door/track/drive, and stops because of that. A higher force setting would overcome that added resistance (and compensate for any weakening of the drive motor with age, which can and does happen with the passing of many years of use.)