Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

The tempture on one zone of my furnace in turned down,

Customer Question

The tempture on one zone of my furnace in turned down, however the end of the loop baseboard is hot while the beginning is cool like I want it. What's going on? Can the hot water be coming backwords in the pipe from my furnace?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial answer doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You can get some gravity circulation (hot water is lighter than cold and will rise up into a zone unless something stops it). Normally this doesn't happen to any significant extent unless you have a zone valve or flow check that's leaking by.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well it is, what can I do to fix it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's in our bedroom and at 30 below zero I can't open a window at night without other problems. If I turn the temperature the room at the beginning of the zone are to cold. Thanks!
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I need to know what you have for zone control. Do you have zone valves (if so what brand)? or do you have a circulator/pump for each zone.