Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have ordered a granite countertop and selected an Ogee

Customer Question

I have ordered a granite countertop and selected an Ogee edge as this is going in an old house. The fabricator is saying there is an 80% chance the counter will be broken with this edge because the slab has different minerals in it (brown and white colors). We really want the Ogee edge vs flat which he has already done. Are we getting an excuse ?
Thanks
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial answer doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation

Sound like he's already finished the edge and doesn't want to do it again. We've had an ogee on many different types of granite, onyx and marble many with different colors and minerals. Brown and white are not indicative of minerals that might weaken the granite. If you ordered an ogee edge then you should get an ogee edge.