Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

My neighbors want to build an addition. The want to

Customer Question

My neighbors want to build an addition. The want to cantilever the new room out 10 feet over a watercourse setback, plusethey want a deck on top of the room.
Is that remotely feasible?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial answer doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

It sounds like they may have zoning as well as design issues. Just about anything can be done but feasibility also involves cost (is it worth the cost) and complying with zone and building regulations. There's no way I can give you a definitive answer but if you get a planning board hearing notice on this project be sure you show up and voice your concerns. It can and often does make a difference if they need a variance.