Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

What is the difference between laminate flooring and

Customer Question

Hi! What is the difference between laminate wood flooring and hardwood flooring?? Thank you.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial answer doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

Laminate flooring is comprised of several different layers of material glued together (sort of like plywood) one of which is usually particle board. The top layer can be plastic or hardwood. I think your question is asking about the difference between solid and laminate flooring since either can be hardwood. Solid flooring is just that a solid piece of wood

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since we have a lot of kids, is a laminate plastic surface better than a wood surface for durability and “ kid activities”.. LOL.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I don't like the look and feel of the plastic laminates. Before the dawn of plastic flooring hardwood was the primary flooring material and it's held up pretty well through the decades.