Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

My wireless remote on the outside of the garage doors will

Customer Question

My wireless remote on the outside of the garage doors will not work.. I changed out the batteries for both doors, and the code will not work or the enter button will not close the Whisper Drive opener
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

You may have to reprogram the transmitters to the garage door openers. To do this normally what you have to do is erase the existing codes by going to the RF board on the garage door opener and pressing and holding that button for about 15 to 20 seconds. Then to pair a remote, press that button for about 3 or 4 seconds until it starts blinking. When it does this you should be able to pair the remotes with that door opener. Then as long as you do not a race again, you should be able to pair the 2nd opener in the same way.