Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Stefan, sorry about the spelling I am voice texting, I just

Customer Question

Hi Stefan, sorry about the spelling I am voice texting, I just leaving my garage, and I noticed my door won't stay down. I checked for debris And make sure everything was clean, but the door won't stay down any quick suggestions or do I need a pro to look at it?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

You are right about checking the obstructions – make sure that if you have the reflective infrared beam making sure that it's clear that they are in fact aligned properly. If it isn't something that's at the bottom of the door, it can be something in between that is making it difficult to close – for example a chain or a track – anything that may provide some resistance right at that point can make it reverse direction.