Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

What do you know about the blue max builders opener from the

Customer Question

what do you know about the blue max builders opener from the eary 90's? we replace the bulbs, but it looks like a wire cme unplugged that is in a channel on the top of the long are the door travels that has the open/close screw...now light don't come on at all
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You may have to troubleshoot the bulb's socket with an electronic volt meter, to find out what voltage is missing that would otherwise turn the bulb On.

It might be the ground wire, or it could be the positive voltage that powers the bulb, either one.

What color is the loose wire, that looks as if it had come unplugged? green generally means Ground, though there are some exceptions.