JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer
Experience:  Broadcast Engineer for over 7 years.
53814968

I am verifying the direction and number of dial spins to

Customer Question

I am verifying the direction and number of dial spins to open my model 2286.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JA Engineer replied 1 year ago.

Good evening to you.

You have to start spinning the dial to the right first, not left. So the sequence would be:

(1) Starting at zero, spin the dial to the right 3 times and then stop on the first number.

(2) Spin it to the left and pass the second number once and then turn until you reach and stop on the second number.

(3) Then turn the dial to the right until you reach the third number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. I tried your directions a few times and could not open the safe (2286). I acquired the safe from my mother over seven years ago after her death. I always had difficulty opening it, whereas my mother and my son did not.I have my Mom's opening instructions she used which is the spin left three times, then one time right, then two times left.I have found other combinations on the Internet, such as four times left and then three, two and one times spin. Also a " group 2" set of instructions.I will try your and her instructions again and have another person try also, likely my son as he use to open it without issues using Mom's instructions.I will let you know what works.Keith

Okay Keith.