Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
75209918

We bought a Armstrong Air Ultra 80 Oil Furnace about 10

Customer Question

We bought a Armstrong Air Ultra 80 Oil Furnace about 10 years ago ever since we bought it and had it installed in our basement we spend $500-$1500 a year in repair bills. Each year we turn the ac on the furnace stops working and we have to have a repair
man come and fix a electronic part that has gone bad. My husband has had to retire, on Social Security because of Colon Cancer. We have no heat to start the winter again because of this furnace. Can you help us with This situation. We feel like Armstrong Air
should take some responsibility for this product.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

I will have your answer in a few moments.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.
Arm strong air offers a a 10 year warranty on some of its products. There are certain things you have to have done like register your product and use authorized repairmen. . Since you have said about 10 years it is possible you are still under warranty and that you have done the things necessary to keep the warranty ib force. I would recommend you contact Armstrong as soon as possible to see if you do have a warranty. They also offer an extended warranty for a fee. To have as much trouble as you have had witg so much expense is unusual.
These should not have happened However there are circumstances that may not be covered. If you can afford the extended warranty it may be well worth it.
Another school of thought is that the repairs
you have had recently nay be warranted by the
service company that made them.
Its is well worth contacting Arnstrong Air
to clarify your possible warranty .
I will be glad to answer any questions you may have.
Machinc
Machinc
Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

Any future repairs that you need make sure you use an authorized dealer and ask them ahead of time if they offer a warranty on the repairs.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

Some companies offer once a year checkups these checkups can help prevent unexpected problems.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.
These checkups are reasonably priced.
Some companies also offer them as extended warranties.'
While they do require a monthlyvor annual payment
they often are a savings to the homeowner.
Shop around to see who offers the best plan in your area.
Machinc