Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a question I bought a door opener from home depot

Customer Question

I have a question I bought a door opener from home depot about y months ago, on Tuesday my house got hit by lighting and the main pad lights up the elertical sick works but I get a note on the pad that says press the push bar to activate control , see manual .
I tried that and I don't have any lights or anything I did the erase codes by holding down thelearn button for over 10 seconds and nothing works .
Can you give me a little help
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I fear that the lightning strike has disabled the circuitry in your door opener. Lightning strikes can be accompanied by great power surges, and even well-grounded equipment can be damaged as a result.
You have by and large tried what you should try, with the system.
If the system does not even have any lights showing, try checking all connections to make sure there is not a loose wire.
If that still does not revive it, you should report this failure to the manufacturer (not necessarily Home Depot, but whatever co. made the opener) as a failure-within-warranty, requiring that it be repaired for free under warranty.
(If you need help figuring out who the maker of the opener is, let me know what its model is, and I will advise you further.)