canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  i have extensive experience in the home improvement industry. my current job is at lowes home improvement.
64367226

On average, how far away from a wall should a 9" round,

Customer Question

On average, how far away from a wall should a 9" round, floor to ceiling, decorative fluted column be placed?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. It should be no closer than 4" away from the wall. The rule is in place to allow cleaning behind it. This rule applies to cabinets etc. or really any type of fixture. Otherwise it must be against the wall.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your answer. What about for ascetics, where do you think would be the ideal placement? Thanks.
That is tough. I guess if there is only one then closer to the corner of the room other than the centre.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are 2 columns and they are placed in between 2 rooms.
As long as they are an even amount from each end and looking symmetrical is most important along with enough room to get a broom or mop around it.
Before they are secured in place you will be able to easily move them and have a good look at what you like best for sure.