The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience:  #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience
3079445

I need help from a roofer gutter professional. It's been

Customer Question

I need help from a roofer gutter professional. It's been raining, my gutter fell that was near my chimney. Now water is leaking around my fireplace in my living room. We have Spanish tile roof. When the gutter fell, did it cause the problem? How expensive
is this. It is covered by my homowners?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to Justanswer.More than likely the gutter pulled some flashing down with it, or maybe some roof mastic and tar paper. The repair can be a simple one or it could get expensive fast depending on what damage was done and if it is superficial or something under multiple layers of tile and/or roofing felt/material. I really have no way of giving you an exact figure without seeing the damage.As this was an "act of God" as they say your insurance should cover it. The amount of your deductible and the cost to have it repaired will be the difference whether you report it or just have it fixed.Let me know if you have any additional concerns.Best, Smitty